- Posted by J. Nirdosh Reddy
- On October 16, 2022
- Company Culture
How is the health of your company?
Many companies are doing well. However, they may or may not be operating at their peak level.
Does your company face any of the following situations?
• Firefighting, delays in execution, inadequate accountability
• ISO audits and staying compliant – viewed as extra work
• Resources improperly used and wasted
• Not achieving or sustaining maximum profitability
• Not achieving or sustaining excellence in product and service quality
• Top management unable to find time to focus on long term plans
A diagnostic self-assessment of the health of your company reveals the hidden costs that may be preventing you from operating at your peak. Start with a review of the results your company is achieving, and then, evaluate the challenges you may be experiencing at your workplace.
Review how your company is performing on profitability, customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Profitability – is it acceptable?
- Profitability – is it at maximum capability?
- Customer satisfaction – is it what it should be?
- Quality – is it at competitive levels?
- Quality – is it ‘Best in Class’?
- Employee motivation – is it consistently high?
- Cooperation between departments – is it high all the time?
If you answered ‘No’ to any of these questions, examine whether you are facing any of the challenges listed below.
Rate each challenge on a scale of 1 to 5. It is preferable to do this evaluation in a small group setting. Since every member would have a different perspective, a group discussion would help you arrive at a more realistic assessment.
Your enterprise today
Your self-assessment helps you know the current state of health of your enterprise.
An example is shown below. A chart like this is equivalent to an EKG – showing how your heart (workplace) is behaving.
A score higher than two indicates a significant hidden cost. These challenges sap vitally needed energy from human capital and contribute to decreased profits.
Find root causes for the challenges and take actions to eliminate them. As the intensity of these challenges decrease, overall results would improve.
Display and monitor your company’s health
Keep the latest chart visible to motivate you to decrease and eliminate these costs. Continue to monitor your company’s health periodically.
The blogpost on ‘Higher profits through better alignment and accountability’ describes APRS Platform – a process management digital tool – that is designed to address the above challenges.